Monday, April 3, 2017

::An Amish Schoolhouse::

Hello Friends!

Where I live, there is a small Amish community about fifteen minutes away. Every other week there is a hymn sing where anyone is invited! Last night my grandfather and I went and had a blast. :) I have gone several times with my sister friend Erica's family.

Every week after we eat and sing, me and all the other kids will play hide-and-go-seek, tag, manhunt, and explore the schoolhouse which is one of the families temporary homes. I am not sure how old it is, but every time I go, it makes me smile! I love old buildings. :) Here are some pictures from my night at an old Amish schoolhouse.
(Sorry, the lighting was really bad!)


Hats and coats, anyone?

This is the sweet barn finch nest. :) 
The schoolroom... I love the schoolroom...
I love their effective teaching methods for addition! ↰

Sorry about the bad lighting, these were some ancient world encyclopedias that I l-o-v-e! 
This is an o-l-d building. :) 
Did I mention doorknobs?
Oh, another doorknob?
I have an obsession with these doorknobs that have old-fashioned keyholes. ;)
There were these adorable Barn Finches in the patio area. :)


I always have so much fun visiting the Amish Schoolhouse and singing beautiful hymns. :) Let me know what you think about the pictures in the comments!

His Handmaiden,
B.M. ❤❤❤❤❤




2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!! That sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so cool!! I love looking into different ways people live and their culture!!

    ReplyDelete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!