Tuesday, May 30, 2017

::5 Great Summer Reads::

Hello Everyone! I feel like I haven't written a "real" post in forever!!! Well, here I am now at least. :) This is my last week of the last bit of my school! Do any of y'all get the summer off?? Oh-- I am VERY excited if you couldn't tell. ;) I have been already enjoying the first days of swimming, reading a bunch, and spending time with my family and friends.

My mom recently encouraged me to check out some summer reading lists or write one of my own, so I'm doing BOTH!!

P.S. If you have any other books that you would reccomend, shoot me an email and I'll add it to next weeks list! Oh, yeah, this will be hopefully an ongoing thing. :)

1.
(Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird)


2.
(Jane Austen) 

3.
(Brett and Alex Harris) 


4. 
(Chuck Black) 


5. 
(Written by Men, Inspired by GOD) 

8 comments:

  1. READING!!!! Oh, darling friend of mine, these are all good ones.... But haven't you at least read a few of these already?! Good books get re-read. ;)
    Please, my good friend, carve out some time to read Hebbros and Burdney... Even if you have to toss out Wars of the Realm, Hebbros and Burdney are better!!!
    PLEASE READ THEM SO I CAN TALK TO SOMEBODY ABOUT THEM!!! PLEASE PLEASE WITH BIG PUPPY EYES???
    Good goal to read Do Hard Things and The Bible. I need to read the first of these. I haven't gotten through it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... yes. :) I was giving a summer reading idea list for YALL! I might read some of them again, but the list was meant for my precious followers. ;) I will have to do a post of books I want to read soon, though! ((Common misunderstanding))
      I will read them soon enough!! Do Hard Things is a wonderful book!
      ~B.M.

      Delete
  2. Ha! O.K. That works too, since I need to read or finished these (except the Wars of the Realm). I'm hoping to read A Tale of Two Cities, but there's two reasons I haven't: I'm just not finding time to sit down and read it, and I'm not sure I have the unabridged version. It's the enriched classic. If somebody could let me know whether that version is the real deal or not, I would be so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for reading lists!! I've read some of these! I posted my 2017 to-read list on the blog waayyy back in December, but I'm still working through it!

    I would highly recommend adding a missionary auto-/biography to your list! A couple of my favorites are Bruchko by Bruce Olsen and Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Dibler Rose. Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis is also a favorite, and she's publishing a sequel for it this year!

    Blessings, Brooke!

    // Kimberly @ http://www.peculiaronpurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly sweet friend!!

      Oh... thanks for the suggestion! I have also enjoyed The Pastors Wife by Sabrina Wurmbrand, a bio about David Livingston (can't remember what it was called :() and also I would like to read Riley Unlikely by Riley Banks and Kisses From Katie!!

      Miss you and sending love!

      Delete
  4. WARS OF THE REALM YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I just discovered your blog through my friend Kimberly, and now I feel like I should follow. 😂😂👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!! They are the BEST!!!!! Oh I love Kimberly! We used to be in BRIGHT Lights together about 3 years ago. Another follower would be awesome. {Hint Hint} ;P

      Delete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!