Today I'm doing a post swap with Laura from Flowers In My Basket! Please check out my post at her blog (linked below) And Lilly Shyree from A Lilly In God's Garden also did a post swap with Laura last week. Please check it out as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! My name is Laura, and I blog at flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com . Today I'm going to be writing a post titled: Saved by Grace. Thanks so much for doing this post swap with me, B.M!
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9
What beautiful verses! We are most definitely saved by grace! We cannot earn our salvation, ("Not of works"), it truly is the gift of God.
To go to Heaven, you must be clean; free of sin. Without God's salvation, we could never be free of sin. We have already sinned, and we continue to do so.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"
Romans 3:23
We come short of the glory of God. We need someone who can purify us, who can wash our sins away. And that someone is God! I am not saved because I did anything special. I'm saved because of God's grace.
Another thing. Why would you want to do things such as dress modestly, stay away from bad movies, etc? Doing these things doesn't make you a Christian, right?
No, you're not saved because you do these things. You do these things because you're saved! When you love God, you want to honor Him; you want to glorify Him with your life!
Some people may think that people who dress modestly and say Grace at meals are legalistic. But legalism would be if you thought you must say Grace at meals to be saved, etc. Saying it because you want to thank God for your food is not legalism!
If you are a Christian and reading this post, I want to encourage you to thank God- for sending His Son; for saving you! We could never do it on our own, God has given us such a wonderful gift: salvation!
"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me." I'm sure you all know of the hymn Amazing Grace, but have you ever thought about how deep it really is? Or how deep the first line is?! God's grace is amazing. He truly saved a wretch like me.
Feel free to comment your thoughts below!
Laura
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this post, Laura!! Beautiful!!! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks!😊
DeleteThis is beautiful, Laura!! You are exactly right. God's love for us is truly amazing!! <3
ReplyDelete- Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)
Thanks Lilly! It really is truly amazing!
Delete