Tuesday, June 13, 2017
How The Lord Saved My Brother's Sight {True Miracle Story}
Have you ever had one of those experience where it was like: "Whoa! God you really just performed a miracle right before our eyes?!"
My family experienced that this past weekend when the Lord showed incredible mercy and love to my brother, who we'll call Mr. T. :)
On Saturday, my family trecked over to one of our friend's house for a surprise party. Everything was great, it was going to be an awesome day, you get the gist... Okay, so this family has seven kids and their cousins (whom we are also friends with) came too and they also have seven kids. Plus our family, that's 18 kids! We did have an amazing time fellowshipping and making memories.
Well, after a bit, all the teenage guys decided to go to a place affectionatly dubbed the "Mud Pit" Basically, well, a pit of mud. I immediatley thought, Oh NO!
(((Meanwhile the rest of us girls and one little bro stayed home watching When Calls The Heart (:)))
We enjoyed our day until I went downstairs and my mom told me that Mr. T had gotten an eyeful of mud ((accidentally)) thrown at him. He was in tons of pain and my dad and the other parents helped him clean it out with saline and water.
We left very soon after that and trecked back over to our town to the ER. They helped him clean it out a little more and prescribed some ointment that was meant for pink eye.
Over the course of Sunday and some of yesterday, his eye was swollen over and we kept ice packs on it and he took some mild pain killers.
Yesterday afternoon, my mom took him to the eye doctor that we normally see. ((I was babysitting back at the house))
I got a call after a bit and she told me that they were on their way to the hospital. The doctor said that this wasn't just a minor thing, it was a trauma injury that needed to be seen immediatley. I was in shock, but the only thing I could do was pray.
When they got to the hospital, they were transferred to a hospital about 2 1/2 hours away. During this time, my mom told me she was expecting blindness. When they got to the doctor, he was expecting my brother to lose his entire eye. This was devastating news, but we were putting the Lord in control.
The doctor was truly a blessing sent from Heaven! He was a true Christian-- my mom could tell without him even saying anything. After a while, she mentioned something about God, and he replied amen. She said, "You're a Christian aren't you?" and he replied, "Yes ma'am."
He told them how he had prayed for wisdom from God on his way to the hospital. He put his staff on call, code RED for trauma/emergency surgery. He was expecting the worst from what nurses, the eye doctor, and other doctors had alerted him.
When he checked Mr. T out, he found that my brother's contact was still in the eye, causing it to cloud up. His eye was lifeless, but still communicating with the other eye! It was going to be okay!
God answered many prayers last night. I know that so many of my friends and our family's friends were praying fervently.
Thankfully, my brother should regain his eyesight in his right eye and he will not need surgery! Although my parents will have to take him to the hospital 2 1/2 hours away, every two days, for two weeks, they don't mind. It is really worth it!
This is such an answer to prayers and I will continuously share this amazing testimony with all who wish to hear it!! If you want to share this article on your blog or with friends, please feel free to do so!
God is good, whatever happens, all the time! Give glory to His name throughout all circumstances and He will work out everything for His good!
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments box below!
6 comments:
I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.
I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.
Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We've were on our knees praying for y'all today!!! I'm so relieved to hear he will be alright!
ReplyDeleteWe sooo appreciated y'alls prayers!! Me too!! <3
Deletemy eyes were watering when I read this!!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't believe it the weird part it that my pastor's wife got a AMAZING healing from God in her eyes too!!
And yes it's amazing seeing God at work right before your eyes!!!!
My brother also had a miracle happen last year from God
Please keep us posted on how Mr. Ts doing
That is such a amazing story!! I am glad he is ok.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord!! I didn't realize it was this serious. Thank you so much for sharing this!! <3
ReplyDelete- Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)
wow! praise the lord!
ReplyDeletelove,
Beth (Lilly's sister. I don't have a blog yet.)