
Hello Y'all!
The weather here in in the amazing state of Texas has finally been cooling down! It is such a blessing! Yesterday marked the exact date of TWO months away from Christmas! Only two! I am officially listening to Christmas music and making exciting plans to go along with the season. :)
To start off, I would like to apologize for making you wait so long to begin this series! I have been incredibly busy with school and ministry and life, so the blog has been pushed back a little bit, but I'm not forgetting about everyone!
As a first post, I will be having a winter/Christmas tag! Anyone is welcome to participate on blogs, social media, or even email, but I would appreciate it if you gave Sparkle For Jesus some credit. Shoot me a comment or email with your answers to the tag!
Thank whoever tagged you and put the link for Sparkle For Jesus somewhere in your post. After you answer the questions, tag at least 3 more people! Have lots of fun and have a wonderful Christmas season!
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? I absolutely do!! It is a joy to remember the Advent of my Savior Jesus Christ while also celebrating fun and memorable traditions with my family. :) I cannot imagine not celebrating Christmas!
2. Do you celebrate any other festive holidays other than Christmas or in addition to? Besides Thanksgiving (Of course!) I do not celebrate any other holidays similar to Christmas (For example Hannukah)
3. When it comes to weather, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 degrees?? Totally 20 and 10! Cold is the best and I love to bundle up in coats, scarves, boots, and hats. :) And, I haven't ever really experienced weather like that, but I wish I had!
4. Rain or snow? Snoooowwwww!! However, Texas rarely gets any snow, so I've never experienced the real magic of a white Christmas :(
5. On the perfect winter day, would you go shopping or stay home? It definitely depends on the day, but I'm a big shopper and extrovert so being out and about it totally my thing! But some days, a frappucino and When Calls The Heart marathon sounds just perfect. ;)
6. Trip to the mall or walk in the park? Same thing here! It depends on the day. :) If I have friends to go with, I would go to a city park with cobblestone streets and lamp posts with snow crunching under my boots plus a peppermint latte in my hand and a best friend to talk with ;) Total run-on sentence but that would be the best walk ever! But I would take a trip to the mall any day also!!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I love The Christmas Card {And old Hallmark drama} It's super sweet and clean and an amazing movie for a girl's night! The saddest Christmas movie I have ever seen hands down is The Christmas Shoes. My mama was out when my family watched it and my entire family {Yes, daddy and big bro and confused little siblings} were bawling like someone literally died. Very sad movie!!
8. Favorite Christmas tradition? Every Christmas-Eve, my family puts on pajamas and get in the car with hot cocoa {Or iced tea depending on the year...} and go and look at Christmas lights all around! It's also become a tradition to get drive through at Jack In The Box and give our waiter/waitress a Gospel tract and say "Merry Christmas!" as we drive off. :) That's a lot of fun!
9. Would you rather say, "Happy Holidays!" or "Merry Christmas!" Definitely "Merry Christmas!"
10. What does your Christmas morning look like? It depends on the year, but we typically try and sleep until 8:00 and then we come out and get our parents and unpack our stockings, then moving on to the tree. We spend the day together enjoying our gifts and completing our Advent Bible time! We eat junk food and watch movie marathons, and will sometimes go to our grandmother's house. :) It's the best morning of the year!!
11. Favorite Christmas song/carol? This one is very, very difficult! I'm a very musical person. I love It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, and for a more modern one, Mary Did You Know, Breath Of Heaven, and Hallelujah! :)
12. Hot Cocoa, Peppermint Tea, Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint Milkshake?? My favorite is a peppermint mocha frappucino from Starbucks and a chocolate-chip peppermint milkshake from Chick-Fil-A! Mmmm... The most wonderful time of the year!
I hope you enjoyed today's post!! I am going to tag: Lilly
No one is obligated to do it, but please let me know if you are planning on joining the fun! Have a blessed week!
Oh man!! I HAVE TO try Chic-fil-a's peppermint milk shakes. :D I hope to do the tag soon!! I <3 Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteYes! It is so very delicious, dear. ;) I don't think they have them quite yet, but they will as soon as November rolls around! I will look forward to reading your answers on the tag!
Delete||Belise||
me too!
DeleteDo you celebrate St. Nick day?
ReplyDeleteHello Hannah!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, let me apologize for being very tardy and scattered in my letter responses! My family moved this summer and I have been so irresponsible in getting back to my letters. Forgive me!
And my answer would be, yes! I forgot to add that one, but my family does celebrate St. Nicolas day by reading about him and digging into history. :) I absolutely love his story!
Thanks for being a faithful friend, Hannah! Even though I've never met you, I miss you! <3
||Belise||
But it’s still Ordinary time! What do you do for Advent?
ReplyDeleteHello Elizabeth!
DeleteHaha I enjoy beginning the Christmas season early. ;) For Advent, my family will typically read an Advent book {I cannot remember what it is called right now! Sorry!} And we will sing a Christmas hymn, light candles, and so on for the typical 31 days. :)
Thanks for the question! Have a blessed October!
||Belise||
Oh fun!!
ReplyDelete:)
DeleteOnly a little over a month!!! I love Christmas time! :)
ReplyDeleteI do too!! It is so special. :)
DeleteYou approve of When Calls The Heart Marathons, and bawl over The Christmas Shoes. And your favorite tradition is to drive around and look at lights with something to sip. I very much approve of your answers. Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteI don't like the original make of Breath of Heaven, but I fell in love with the song when my choir did a cantata with that song in it <3!
This tag is so much fun, thank you for starting it!!!
Blessings in Christ,
Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com