Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Joyful Heart


I really don't like sweeping. Or doing dishes--especially hand-washing. But, I love baking. :)  Can you agree? I especially do not like doing it when I have something on my mind or there is something pressing on my schedule. 

I often find myself when doing these activities complaining or hiding my inside feelings. Agree? 

We all have something that we do not enjoy doing, such as dishes and sweeping. But what should our attitude be like? How can we *sparkle* when dealing with disappointment and discontentment? 

James 1:2-3 says that we are two consider it pure joy when we are faced with trials. I am not saying that cleaning dishes is a trial. :) But, we should think of those who do not have dishes to wash or food to eat on them. They only have a dirt floor that they would love to be able to sweep and make clean. 

We can sparkle by having JOY in our lives! 

Proverbs 10:28 says that the prospect of the righteous is joy! We should seek joy in everything we do! 

Romans 15:13 says that God is the ultimate giver of joy. He fills us with it and allows us to share it with others! 

Here are ten ways you can spread joy today! 

~Smile! (This tends to be my favorite)
~Leave a note of encouragement
~ Say hello to someone looking down
~Give someone a hug
~Laugh
~Listen to a happy song with someone you love
~Share a Bible verse about joy with a friend
~ Leave a surprise for a loved one
~ Crack a joke with your siblings
~Pray that joy would be spread

God gives us the greatest joy we could ever as for! Spread your *sparkle* today by being joyful! 

Have a great day! 

His Handmaiden,
B.M. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Miss Blogger!! I need to work on having a happy heart even when I don't feel like it. :(

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!