Friday, March 17, 2017

#simplicity


It is spring break. My dad and older brother are on a canoeing trip. There isn't anything pressing to do. 

Last night, me, my mom, and siblings sat out on our peaceful country porch and read together. Listening to the crickets chirp and the wind whip through our hair, we sang Jesus Loves Me and Amazing Grace. To me, it didn't matter that mosquitoes buzzed around. It was a cool and serene night scene and I loved it. 

We went in and finished up reading together. As I wrote in my diary, I thought about the things in life that really matter. It doesn't matter that I had to do the dishes that piled up for miles, and it didn't matter that there were bugs zipping around outside. I soaked in the moment and thought that no matter what happened, as long as I had my family there with me, I would be fine. 

I am thankful that I can stay up after midnight reading to my hearts content. I am thankful that I can have freedom in this country. I am thankful that I can write on this blog and share my heart. I am thankful that I can simply breath. 

Let's focus on the little things in life and soak them up. 
Share today- #livingthesimplelife



His Handmaiden,
B.M. ❤❤❤❤❤

2 comments:

  1. I <3 this!! I love to look around my surroundings and soak in the little beautiful things.

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I love doing this!!! Perhaps it's sitting in the clover making a flower crown that I'll only enjoy for a few short minutes after the many minutes of making it, or like you said reading!!! I definitely have had my moments with that!!! Since my dad and brother are on the same canoe trip, Mama and us girls watched the live action Cinderella for the first time last night. I can't believe Galariel played the wicked step-mother!!!
    GALADRIEL!!!!!! TURNED EVIL???!!! She is such an awesome actress!!! (I'm not endorsing her or all of the movies she's been in. I've only seen her in The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and Cinderella)

    ReplyDelete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!