Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Five Tips to a Better Sibling Relationship



I love my siblings so much. But first of all before even writing this post, I must tell you that I do not have perfect relationships with my three siblings! Actually, I don't even feel worthy to write this blog post. But, here are five keys to a better relationship with your siblings!

1. Give them PRAISE

My mom was just talking about how my siblings soak up the attention they recieve-- either good or bad. If I am constantly getting on to them about what not to do, they will continue to do whatever they are doing to get the attention. But when we praise them for 


2. ENCOURAGE Them

Along with praising them, compliment their good character and other traits. It doesn't have to be physical, but just saying that their hair or outfit looks nice will lift their spirits and make them feel good around you. Be someone who is enjoyable and refreshing to be around! 


3. Spend quality TIME together

Play that game, read that book, go to that park, do that thing, whatever it is, give a little bit of your day to make a memory with a sibling. Whatever else you need to do will pass, but your relationship won't!


4. Be an EXAMPLE

Your siblings, especially younger ones, watch most of what everything you do. Be a light in your home and let your life shine Jesus so that they can have the encouragement and example of your life. Your actions will likely become their actions when they are wanting to imitate you, so let them be good ones!


5. INVEST in younger sibling's lives

Just like spending quality time together, investing our younger siblings and (sometimes older ones), will move your relationship to the next level as you mentor them with Godly books, examples, and other things. 


Give that extra hug, kiss, and smile and be a joyful spot in your home and you strive to become your siblings best friend! Here's a tag to Grace and the Mally Family. They wrote an amazing book, Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends. I would highly encourage it!! 

As I said, I am struggling with sibling relationships like many are. These are five things that I'm working on too!! Let's sparkle for Jesus in our own homes and out. 



4 comments:

  1. This was such a good post!! I have 9 siblings, so things get crazy around our house every now and then. I love it that you're striving to please Jesus! Keep shining girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Paige! With only three siblings, our house gets crazy VERY easily! We have a lot of friends who have 7, 11, 16, and 19 kids! So we're kind of used to crazy, but it's fun, right?!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this AWESOME post, B.M.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anne! I hope it was an encouragement. :) <3

      Delete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!