We've all asked ourselves "the question"-- Am I Pretty? Am I Attractive? Am I Good Enough? Am I Ugly?
Every time we ponder these things, we are giving glory to the devil, and complaining to God that He didn't do good enough.
Sure, we will all face times and have days where we are not content with the way our hair, makeup, or outfit turned out. We'll all wonder if so-and-so likes us. We'll all think about the way we look, but are we honoring Christ with these thoughts an actions?
I believe that we can enhance and improve our features with a little makeup and hairspray to jazz things up! But at the same time, I believe that we should become content with the way we are while we are doing these things.
Here are some truths we can accept the way God created us and ways we can learn how to glorify Him with being who we are:
1. We are created in His image! When we complain about ourselves, we are saying that God isn't good enough for us. We are saying that He is ugly, unattractive, bad, etc...
2. Christ loves us the way we are as long as our heart and soul is lovely. Think about your inside before the outside. When your inside is beautiful, your outside will be beautiful!
3. When Moses spent time fellowshipping and worshipping God, he was radiant! Spend time with God, and He will make you beautiful. When we give glory to Him in everything, we will be blessed.
4. Spend time with friends and family who build you up! We become self conscious and insecure when others tear us down. Then, as yourself, be uplifting to those around you.
5. Don't compare yourself to others. God created us all different, and special! Give Him glory for creating you.
I hope you were encouraged by this article! We all struggle with insecurities and worries about our physical appearance. God has created us each in HIS image, and that is something to be grateful for! Praise Him, for YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made! Focus on the positive. Focus on your heart. Focus on Jesus.






Thanks for this encouraging post, B.M.!! <3 This blessed me today!
ReplyDelete- Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)
Awww, your'e welcome Lilly! That means a lot to me. <3
DeleteThis is a POWERFUL post!!! Thank you so much for writing this!!! Great encouragement for the second day of slathering polyurethane across the floors, and feeling very dumpy wearing my work clothes and no makeup + REALLY bad hair. ;) Thank you for being beautiful inside and out. :) <3
ReplyDeleteThank you Erica! I'm with you there, seeing as we moved yesterday... :)
DeleteYup, I haven't washed these work clothes (haven't had time) in at least 2 or 3 weeks... They're covering in everything from varnish to paint to stain to activated charcoal. (Don't ask about the last one.) ;) I'm SO ready to wear pretty clothes again right? :P I was SO sad to miss helping you move!!!!!
Delete