Beauty and personal hygiene can be stressful, but in the end it is always worth it. At the same time, it is fun to experiment with new products for hair, skin, nails, and face! We can sparkle for Jesus so much when we have a bright and attractive countenance to compliment the beauty on the inside. I remember one time I was at a young ladies conference and there was another young woman on a team with me and every time she spoke, her breath smelled horrible. Sure, I was very nice to her, but it was difficult to have a conversation with her because of this simple flaw. When we bring out our loveliness on the outside, we can show what is on the inside much better!
Here are several simple tips for becoming lovely❊
When It Comes To Hair...
Oftentimes, our loveliness begins with the condition of our hair and face. Now, I know that no one can achieve the perfect Pantene Pro-V hair like in the picture above... but we can achieve a cleanliness and shine if we work hard! Wash your hair every other day {Or every day, but be careful to use safe products that won't ruin your hair if you wash it all the time} If I skip a day, I like to wash it twice so it has double the cleanliness ;)
Next, condition it with a good conditioner. I've been using an argon oil conditioner that I mix with another conditioner that helps hair not to be so heavy. I have very thick and long hair, so it gets tough to wash every night!
Avoid using heat products like blow driers, curling irons, and flat irons without applying either a heat protectant or conditioning it well before.
When your hair is just not cooperating, don't reach for a band to throw it up! A simple fix is brushing it gently and then applying a layer of hairspray, then smoothing that out with the brush.
I curl my hair often with either a wand or "1 iron and love to simply pin a little poufy section of my hair back!
Getting a trim every few weeks to three months is healthy for your hair. :)

When It Comes To Bathing...
Taking a bath or shower every day is really recommended! Even if you don't get overly dirty or sweaty during the day, I would suggest still taking a quick shower. Remember ladies, we wanna keep our temple holy for the Lord and we also wanna have our friends stick around, so you wanna smell good!
I usually shower before bed, but when I go to the gym, I'll take a quick one {I don't usually wash my hair in the morning}
Keep your hair clean, legs shaved, and body smellin' nice ladies! A little cleaning up never hurt anyone. It is so nice to have smooth legs and outfits that you can wear with them. ;)
I am currently just using a really good smelling Dove bar soap, but occasionally I will get a body wash from Bath&Body Works or a bath bomb from LUSH. :) It is so nice!!
Make sure you don't use smells that clash! After bathing, I like to apply a toner to my face and body lotion to my legs and arms. Essential oils are wonderful, but don't over do the lavender and peppermint mix! Ha ha. :)
When It Comes To Makeup...
Oh, the wonderful thing called makeup! It is so much fun to experiment with new looks and products and literally enhance your physical features. :)
I was allowed to start wearing simple makeup when I turned 14. I really enjoyed it and loved picking out new products and trying new looks. :)
For an idea...
On My Weekdays: Maybe a little powder, blush/bronzer, simple eyeshadow: light gold/brown/pink shimmer base with dark brown in the corners, blend, or just a simple brown, mascara, lip balm. :)
When I Go Out: {Like out of the house, NOT like, you know, a date, or anything ;}
Concealer on blemishes, blend, light powder, blush/bronzer, highlighter on cheekbones, nose and temples, mascara, same eyeshadow. Lip balm and maybe a little light lipstick or matte gloss.
For Something Special: Concealer, blend, powder, blush/bronzer/highlighter, sometimes a darker eyeshadow, shimmer gold/brown/pink eyeshadow, simple eyeliner, mascara, lip balm, lipstick.
It is important to stick to colors and looks that accentuate your skin tone and face/body shape. I have olive skin and an oblong face, so I love nude tones like blush, taupe, gray, tan, brown, and mauve. For my face shape, I researched the best ways to enhance my features. That is the best to do once you know your shapes and colors.
I would only recommend to girls under 13 to maybe do lip gloss, once you're over 13, a simple look with mascara and blush is great. Whatever your parents tell you is best though! Makeup is so much fun and exciting. :)

When It Comes To Nails...
Upkeep is key here, ladies! Clipping and filing once or three times or so a month is healthy and keeps you looking lovely. :)
I like to paint my nails neutral tones {Like the ones pictured above} It goes very well with my skin tone. But again, whatever looks best on YOU is what you should go with!
It's best to keep things natural {aka.. no neon yellow or black!}
I hope you enjoyed this post, y'all! Remember that true loveliness comes from the inside where we have inner beauty that comes from Christ! We are all beautiful just the way we are, perfection cannot be achieved, and we are made in God's image. :)
Have a blessed and Christ-centered day! <3
For More On This Topic:


OMGoodness I L.O.V.E this post girl!!!
ReplyDeleteI would like to say though every second you take good care of your body on the outside you need to know to take care of you body on the inside for the LORD!!
Thank you so much, Brianna. Yes, I hope that is clear through all my posts and in my life!
DeleteWow! A lot of good tips here!! I actually don't obey like any of these rules though... lol
DeleteThanks for posting theses tips! <3
Ha ha. :) You don't have to! It does come in handy though, just FYI! ;)
DeleteAwesome post!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Anne! I appreciate the comments. :)
DeleteI really should do more of these... nice post! I have a problem when I wash my hair, the next day it's frizzy/ messy. Do you have any suggestions?
ReplyDeleteI was inspired by Kaylyn! Okay- I am with you there! It is constantly a problem over here as well. Do you use a conditioner? If so, maybe use a little more and allow it to sit in your hair for 3-5 minutes. If the frizz persists, try a deep conditioner. Try not to brush it very much, and hairspray ALWAYS helps!! :)
DeleteFlowers In My Basket, I have the same exact problem so my mom got me dry conditioner and I put it in my hair right after I get out of the shower, or at least when you hair is still wet and it helped sooo much!!
DeleteThank you for your addition, Brianna! That is helpful. :)
DeleteThat picture of the nails are goals. <3 <3
ReplyDeleteGood tips.
xx
Lora
I know, right?! Thanks for your comment and follow, Lora! <3
DeleteGREAT POST!!!! Sometimes it's just fun to delight in being a girl. God gave us such fun things to do, so many pretty details to explore, etc. What a privilege it is to be a girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is SO much fun to relish our femininity! Thank you for your comment, Erica. :) <3
DeleteHey, one more thing!!! You look lovely in the picture up above!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I had a pretty amazing photographer ;) ;) ;)
DeleteYou're new blog design is gorgeous!! So inspiring!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Lilly! I am enjoying it myself. :)
DeleteWhy can't girls over 13 wear lip gloss? :)
ReplyDeleteHello, Anne! I wasn't saying that they absolutely CANNOT wear it, just that they should honor whatever their parents want for them. :) I think it's best to just do a little makeup before 13 because we can still relish in our youth and in a way, look our age. ;) Over thirteen, you can still totally wear lip gloss!!
DeleteThanks for your question. :)
Miss Blogger
Awesome, just wondering. Totally agree.
DeleteWhen I turned twelve I went to the mall and got some basic powder and nice lip gloss. That is still all that I wear unless my mom lets me use some of hers. Since I am about to turn 14, my mom might start letting me use some basic eye stuff. But really...I don't care for too much makeup. Most of it doesn't actually do too much and I already have really pretty skin. :) Like Miss Blogger said, I don't want to look over my age. A lot of young girls try to use their makeup to make them look older it actually makes them look younger in my opinion. XD
DeleteThanks for your addition, Lilly! I absolutely agree with everything you said! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome tips B.M.!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, Beth!
Delete