Sunday, October 28, 2018

//Faithfulness...Like really//


Okay guys... I'm going to try to set a goal to post at least once a week. Help me stay accountable! I miss blogging and I'm going to really attempt to stay faithful to you guys, keep interest, and raise my platform by staying consistent. I'd be *so* grateful for topic ideas and any other advice y'all might have for me!

Speaking of faithfulness, today I wanted to tell you guys about how God has revealed His absolutely  a m a z i n g  faithfulness to me in this season of life I am in.


Life can be so crazy sometimes. This year has been a whirlwind of travel, rest, emotion, depression, joy, memories, pain, fun, and so much more for me. There have been times when I think, "This is the worst year ever," and, "I wish I could go back!", "I'm miserable!" And then there have been times where I say, "Wow! This is the bestest year ever!", "This is so incredible!", "I'm so happy!"


Yeah, quite a difference, right?! Guys, this is something that we'll all go through. Life isn't always perfect. We're going to deal with disappointment, depression, heartache, fear, distance, and other trials of life. But guess what, God is good no. matter. what. He is always, constantly, never ceasingly faithful to us, so what is our excuse for not being faithful to Him?


SO many things have happened in my life this year. I'll start with the good. ;) God has allowed me to travel many places, starting with going up east in April. He allowed me to serve/speak at some conference/conventions. He has given me the gift of a good education. He blessed me with the amazing trip to Florida. He blessed me with some of the best friends I could ever hoped for and never dared dream. He blessed me with a family that provides for me and gives me a home. He blessed me with a new ministry project that I'm pursuing. And He constantly blesses me with the reminder that He loves me and has forgiven, redeemed, changed, pursued, formed, molded, created, loved, and cherished me. He's given me purpose. He's given me a reason to have joy and to live life!


Then, there's the not-so-good... life trials, the hurt and pain of broken and difficult relationships, the hard "no's" that God gives me sometimes, the illnesses, the trial of eating issues, the pain of leaving loved ones, the hurt of being misunderstood, and so much more.


But do you know what? Remember everything I said about God's blessings to me? They  t o t a l l y  outweigh the bad! I'm going to have nights when I scream because of broken relationships and friends who are there for me, yet hundreds of miles away. I'm going to cry about the pain of things I can do nothing about. I'm going to weep about loved ones who don't know Jesus. I'm going to break over the decisions I've made that weren't the best. I'm going to question the things I've gotten myself into and do everything I can to change, but still have a guilt that I know God can take away. I won't seem to feel good enough. Satan will pour lies into me, telling me that I'm still guilty, I'm not loved, I'm not good enough, I'll never be enough. But my God has told me that He has forgiven and redeemed me and He will continue to forgive and sanctify me. He has told me that He loves me. He cherishes me. He covers me in His perfect grace. He's there for me. He won't ever leave me. He tells me I'm enough not because of anything I can do, but because of what He's already done through Jesus.


Suddenly, those nights when I'm longing for a comforting, assuring hug will be so overwhelmingly peaceful because His everlasting arms surround me in assurance and love.


Because of all of this, I don't have to fear the future or regret the past. I can trust that my God has His hand over my life and will never let me go. HE knows what is best. HE knows who to keep in my life. HE will forever love me. HE is telling me to let go of everything and simply hold on to Him alone. HE has proven Himself over and over again to be faithful. I don't know about you, but I'm going to be faithful to someone who won't ever leave or forsake me. I'll be faithful, cause' He's faithful. I'll trust Him forever, because He forever loves me. 



And you guessed it, that's why I'm jumping for joy in the header. ;) 

-Belise
{P S A L M 116}

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had such a great year! I can definitely understand being super happy one day, and completely depressed the next! I'm excited to see your posts again! One post idea is what to do if you don't know what to do after you graduate and you don't know your purpose. Have a great Monday!
    Laura
    flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Laura! Thank you for your post suggestion! I'm so grateful!!

      |Belise|

      Delete
  2. I feel you..this was a great post! Glad you're getting back in it! :) He does weigh out the bad, doesn't He? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mallory! He absolutely does!!

      |Belise|

      Delete
  3. Haha!! I got a smile out of the pic of you and Gracie!!! XD So cute!!
    Sweet post, Belise, love you girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks girl!! You should have seen the behind-the-scenes of those pics... not so cute. ;P
      Love you too, sister!!! <3

      Delete
  4. I love this!! Thank you for all these great reminders + encouragement!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this post! You did an excellent job! That's something I've been learning about too, being fully faithful.
    I love all the work you put into this blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!