Monday, April 3, 2017

Me? Write a book?

I have been writing since I was little. I've always enjoyed the sensation that you get when you put your imagination down on paper. I guess when I was around ten-eleven, I decided that I would begin to write a book. That led to my first adventure of writing a historical/fantasy Christian fiction book. Although the story had a great story-line and makeup, it was a beginners book and I didn't know much about writing! I didn't even know how to indent. It was a great first attempt though!

After working and working on that book for a while, I decided to give it a rest and, like L.M. Montgomery, "put it in a hatbox for later..." And that is what I did! I wouldn't say I gave up, I just decided to take a vacation from that story and begin another one. 

There is nothing that feels so good as finishing a WIP and beginning a fresh one!! Don't give up, just do your best. 

Soon after I set aside that book, I thought up the story-line for my current WIP, The Dark and The Light. Now, if you have read my book Drizellia, that was the first taste of the rest of the story. :) My WIP is a concoction that I would call a trilogy in a book. So it is basically a three parted story. 

Here's my inspiration today for you as a writer: 

believe you can and youre halfway there

I trudged through the first part of my book and published it for a "first look/taste" and then after I finished the second section, I realized that I had already written 115 pages! When you take your writing in strides and don't get stressed, you will be amazed with what you can finish! 

I probably wouldn't have imagined myself writing a book five or even ten years ago! But with God nothing is impossible and writing/publishing has been an amazing journey! 

Okay! I finished my first draft of The Dark and The Light a few days ago. Now begins the process of heavy editing and publish preparing. I have a cover that I designed just for fun. Would y'all mind telling me what you think of it? 



I would encourage you as a young person to not be afraid to do hard things and live your younger years to their fullest!

His Handmaiden,
B.M. 



4 comments:

  1. Awesome job!! So you're combining all three books into one?? So you're done with all three??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Something like that. ;) I am done with the first two, it measures to 117 p. I am wanting to finish the story, but may wait for that. When are you going to publish Kindred Spirits?

      Delete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!