Sunday, June 4, 2017

::One Week NO SUGAR Challenge::

Hey Y'all!

How's your summer going? Isn't it nice to be off or have less to do?

So yesterday I had my friend Erica over and we spent the day together. :) Before we dropped her off, I challenged her (and myself) to go one week WITHOUT SUGAR!! O_O

If you want to, try to go one week without something that you absolutely love, but isn't good or healthy for you. Maybe (and probably) it's sugar. ;)

Let me know if you want to do it and I'll send an email at the end of the week to keep everyone accountable! We can *sparkle* for Jesus with our bodies because they are a temple for Him!

Today I was able to enjoy sugar free/non fat chocolate frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries and pecans from Orange Leaf! You can be healthy and still enjoy yourself without sugar. SHOCKER!

***One indulgence allowed ;)


8 comments:

  1. Hey girl count me in!! I am all ways ready for a challenge!!! What you describe sounds delicious! Yummmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopie!! I also forgot to mention that you can still have like honey, stevia, Pyure, Swerve, and other natural/healthy sweeteners instead of sugar. ;) You go girl!

      Delete
  2. What about things like bread? That has a little sugar, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... yep. :) You can still have bread and things that might have sugar in them like BBQ sauce, ketchup, or other meals that may have a slight amount of sweetener. I guess just like no added sugar or things like cookies, candy, cake, sugary drinks, etc... :) Great question!! The carbs in the bread eventually turn to sugars after digestion before the liver or something... ;)

      Delete
    2. Okay, I'll try! Are we starting right away? And by the way, did you get my email about the post swap?

      Delete
    3. Yes, we are!! As long as you do it for a week, you can start anytime. :) I'm going to send an accountability email on Friday/Saturday to check on everyone. Yes! I am responding right now. ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Hee hee... I've been on it except for known indulgence by B.M. ;)
    Last night at Chick-fi-la.....
    I finally discovered a muffin in a mug baked in the oven I liked!!! The strawberry one is actually pretty good!!! I made three of them tonight!!!
    (I am going to be so sick of them later on...) ;)
    Try them if you have the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook. WARNING!!! The other muffins in mugs I have attempted have been pure disgusingness, so don't try them unless you're prepared. Just letting y'all know, if you tweak the recipes in there, stuff can turn out o.k.! I don't have rules about sugar free stuff, but since I'm a sweet tooth, I decided it would be wise to try and see what I can pull together without sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I tried it and it worked for 2 days then I found out that sooo much stuff had sugar so I couldn't do it anymore but I think later I'm going to try staying away from my kindle which I'm on ALOT!!!!!
    So if you have an electronic like a phone, kindle, tablet, iPod stuff like that stay away from it for a week and spend time with your family and give the challenge to other people to I mean when I wasn't doing sugar my family thought I was the CRAZIEST person in the world so maybe you should try it...

    ReplyDelete

I l-o-v-e comments, so please don't hesitate to do so!! But, I will not approve of your comment unless it follows the verse, Philippians 4:8 which is the basis for this blog.

I will not approve comments that use vulgar, rude, or condescending language, and I will not approve comments that do not make sense or continue a debate/argument through comments.

Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback!